9/15/11

Loot!




So my folks are in the auction business, and I've inherited a certain collector's mentality (well, my boyfriend would call it a compulsive hoarding habit, but that's beside the point). My folks are also moving, which means the keep giving me all of their stuff. Which is kind of awesome. But with each Honda Fit-load of treasures (EVERYTHING fits in that car), I see the doubt in the eyes of my boyfriend. "Where are we going to put all this stuff?" "You mean this awesome collection of vintage valuables that I'm sentimentally attached to?" "You know what, I trust you, you always make it work..." So the last two days have been all about making it work, finding a home for my fun new things. I decorated a window with interesting smalls... my mom's old pie birds and some funky carved bottle stoppers. I hung some pots! And some vegetable crate labels! You, too can find a home for new treasures, so get collecting. And see you Sunday at The Vintage Bazaar!